Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lame Duck

Who the do I blame for my favorite NHL team having a lame-duck GM going into the most important trade deadline/offseason in over 10 years?

We won't be able to hire anyone worth a damn until the offseason. No team is going to give us permission to scalp their personel mid-season.

Bryan Murray is a punchline to a very bad joke. He has no ability to make a deal at the NHL level, this has been proven as fact.  He can't assess pro talent. He wouldn't know a good free agent if he walked up to him, hit him over his head, and pissed gold all over him. He's a 68 year old glorified scout, and a has-been coach to boot.  That's right, the man leading our rebuild is almost 70 YEARS OLD!  Christ, there are numerous rumors that he will just retire after this season.

To top it all off, there is a very good possibility that he is WAY to close to these player to do what is needed.  He coached alot of these players to a Stanley Cup finals.  For example, can he really bite the bullet and get Mike Fisher to waive his no trade clause?  Will he trade "Sen For Life" Chris Phillips?  I'll tell you what... I'll believe it when I see it.

What an absolute joke. Who in this organization is going to stand up and say "Blame me, I'm to blame, and this is how I'm going to fix it"?  Murray?  Leeder (ya, right)?  Melnyk?

End of fucking rant. I feel better now, bed time.

No comments: